After your braces are removed, Dr. [doctor_name] will fit you with a retainer. Retainers help to maintain the positions of your teeth, preventing any shifting after your braces are removed. We invite you to call [practice_name] at [phone] to learn more about retainers in [city], [state], and schedule your appointment with our experienced orthodontist.
Our orthodontist will give you several instructions on properly wearing and caring for your retainer. For your convenience, we have also included those instructions on this page.
- Wear your retainers full time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainers out when eating, and put them in a case.
- When retainers are not in your mouth, they should ALWAYS be in a retainer case.
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. You may also use denture cleaner to clean your retainers.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, dishwasher, bleach, and napkins.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If retainers are lost or broken call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, or if your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Remove retainers when swimming.
If you have any questions about retainers, please call our office to speak with a member of our team, and to schedule your next appointment with our orthodontist.