Treating your orthodontic braces well is vital if you wish for your treatment plans to go along as smoothly as possible. The more you do to keep your braces clean and safe, the higher the likelihood your orthodontic care will continue without any problems. Here are some important tips for treating your orthodontic braces:
– Never participate in high-risk activities or sports without first making sure you are correctly wearing the necessary amount of safety gear and equipment to keep your smile safe.
– Try not to skip meetings or checkups with your orthodontist.
– Wearing braces should not exclude you from caring for your smile, so continue to brush and floss daily.
– Should the worst happen and you inadvertently break your braces, do not attempt to fix them on your own.
– Clean your retainer at least once per week, as it can become contaminated with bacteria.
– Various products such as fruits and nuts can easily get trapped between your teeth and braces, so try to avoid sticky and chewy substances while getting orthodontic treatments such as braces.
If you think your teeth could use a little extra work and would like to have a professional exam from our team at [practice_name], simply book an appointment at our orthodontic office in [city], [state], by calling us at [phone]. Dr. [doctor_name] and the rest of our team would be glad to take care of any orthodontic needs you may have.