Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. [doctor_name] to see if Invisalign is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of alignment problems, including:
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower teeth. This is caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: In an open bite, some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This is caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may happen if both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign in [city], [state], or to set up an appointment with our orthodontist, feel free to call [practice_name] at [phone] today.